Tuesday, September 28, 2010

5th Annual Emily's Parade

I didn't wake up on Sunday with the intention of doing anything good, but one thing led to another and I caught up with a riding buddy to join in on the 5th Annual Emily's Parade. ~1600 bikes made the 45 mile trek from Columbine High School in Littleton to Platte Canyon High School in Bailey to help raise money and awareness for the I Love U Guys foundation.

Being the largest single procession of bikes I'd ever seen, I was truly impressed. What was genuinely moving, however, was the turnout of on-lookers, lined up along the highway and on overpasses the entirety of the journey. People were waving, carrying signs - I could feel a sincere outpouring of hope and love coming from every direction.

God speed, Emily.

No comments:

Post a Comment